Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
This year, I am so grateful for my friendship, and the time I've spent, with:
- My sister! Growing up, my mom used to scold us when we would fight so much. As we've gotten older, we've developed a cool relationship and I can honestly call my sister my friend.
- My mom. It's become this thing where some moms say, "My kids are my best friends." And the kids are still kids. When your children are young, they are not, and should not be, your friends. My mom was my mom FIRST. As I've grown older, we've become friends too.
- Shelley and Kristine. My west coast, far-away friends. My call-in-the-middle of the night, no matter what, tell you the truth when it hurts friends. My friends who have never met each other, but seem like one wise soul.
- Tena. One of my first friends in Chicago. She made Chicago a friendlier place with her smile and warm spirit. Even though she's moved away, I'm glad we both make the effort to stay friends. (And I love her comments on my blog.)
- Robin and Jennifer O. Oddly enough, Robin and Jennifer have something in common, even though I met them at different times in my life -- they didn't like me when we first met, and I didn't like them. Somewhere along the way we changed our minds about each other, and I'm so glad we did. I recently reconnected with both of them, and I'm thankful for the chance to continue being a part of their lives.
- Jennifer W-B. We went to our 20-year high school reunion together. And 20 years later, we're still dressing eerily similar... An artist at heart and by career, I love Jen's view on life.
- Erin and Kathleen. I met Kathleen at a marketing conference on a cruise ship, and from the moment we started talking, we clicked. Kathleen introduced me to Erin, who I call my "redheaded Scorpio soul sister." I'm constantly amazed by their smart, beautiful presence in my life.
- Kerri, Terri, and Kathy. My original post-college posse. Roommates (Kerri & Terri) and coworkers (Kathy & Kerri). Bridesmaids -- we've worn the dresses for each other's weddings (fortunately, nothing terrible!). Whenever we're together the laughter is still genuine and I always feel 100% free to be myself.
- Laura. One of my first friends post-college. From Minneapolis to Chicago -- Cincinnati to Switzerland, having fun together and being real has always been easy.
- Jean and Molly. Entrepreneur, author and a communications pro + Bulldog rescue activist, artist, and marketing whiz (respectively). I met both Jean and Molly at the office and we've ended up becoming friends. With book groups, BYOB dinners, and just by hanging out, we keep exploring new ideas and places in Chicago. Their passion for life inspires me.
"Friendship is very, very important. We take it for granted, and we have one life. If you've got a friend, enjoy it. Don't wait until someone passes on. Enjoy it while it exists, because it's rare.... It's that kind of blind loyalty and love that makes a real friendship, and we had that real friendship." ~ Jack Klugman, on his 50-year frienship with co-star Tony Randall
Merry Christmas Friends! I appreciate the gift of you in my life.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Even Chachi seems shocked that Christmas is less than a day away...
"What, Christmas is coming? I have so much to do!"
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
I love that the silver trees are back. The tree in the middle is actually a vintage silver & blue tree. The other two trees are from West Elm and Urban Outfitters. One thing that's easy and fun -- no lights to wrap around and around and around all the tree branches -- the silver tree sparkle all on their own. They are kind of eco-friendly! No electricity required.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
All assembled, the tree is 90 feet, and looks like one big tree. The lighting ceremony is Tuesday, December 2nd at 12:30pm.