Monday, January 2, 2012

dressing up - the details

One of my favorite events in Chicago is "Eve of the Eve" - which takes place the night before New Year's Eve at the Great Hall in Union Station. It's a black-tie optional event, so a great night to get dressed up. The event is also a benefit for an organization called HighSight, which helps provide scholarships and academic support to Chicago students.

Alex Evenings Taffeta Dress - Von Maur
I love an occasion to get dressed up (both my grandmothers did too), so I decided to get a new dress for the event. While I was home in Michigan, my mom and I went shopping at Laurel Park. We found a great dress at Von Maur - a classic black dress, with this beaded detail at the waist. It also has pockets - I love dresses with pockets. It's a simple dress, but as soon as I put in on, I liked how I felt in it.
I was going to get a new necklace and then I remembered I had all of these options at home! Lots of vintage rhinestones and sparkle to choose from in my own jewelry drawer. 
So... I got these new dressy shoes instead!
I'm very happy with how it all came together. Photos from Eve of the Eve to come!

Photo credits: Dress - Von Maur; Details - Me. Panasonic Lumix.

1 comment:

marisol said...

I saw some of your pictures on FB. You both looked so great.